Google’s new user-friendly tool should make it easier for small businesses to see how their sites rank in terms of being mobile-friendly and fast.
Google released a new landing page to test your website’s mobile-friendliness and page speed for desktop and mobile all in one place. This tool should make it easier for small businesses to test their sites, as opposed to going to the specific mobile-friendly testing tool and/or page speed testing tool.
This tool available of ThinkWithGoogle will test mobile friendliness and page speed at the same time. The unique things about this tool are:
- Get all three scores i.e Mobile-friendliness, page speed and Mobile speed on one page.
- Google will email you a more comprehensive report, but no more 3 in a day.
- Google will now give you a number out of a 100 score for how mobile-friendly your website is, as opposed to if it is mobile-friendly or not.
About the scores
- Mobile-friendliness: This is the quality of the experience customers have when they’re browsing your site on their phones. To be mobile-friendly, your site should have tappable buttons, be easy to navigate from a small screen and have the most important information up front and center.
- Mobile speed: This is how long it takes your site to load on mobile devices. If customers are kept waiting for too long, they’ll move on to the next site.
- Desktop speed: This is how long it takes your site to load on desktop computers. It’s not just the strength of your customers’ web connection that determines speed, but also the elements of your website.
Here is a screen shot of the report for this site:
Image source: http://searchengineland.com
You can see it is a pretty overview, much nicer than the more webmaster/developer-focused options Google has given us in the past. As you scroll down, you get more details on how to make your site more mobile-friendly or faster on desktop or mobile browsers.
Are you interested in getting the scores for your own site, go to testmysite.thinkwithgoogle.com and see how your site fares?